IFEX Strategy Conferences take place every two years and are the largest global gatherings of free expression advocates. Local stakeholders, donors and other special guests are invited to join IFEX members in a broad dialogue — to network, exchange skills, forge new alliances and take part in a dynamic and experiential programme of structured sessions, small group work, and a marketplace of skills and experts.
The 2013 IFEX Strategy Conference - Overcoming Obstacles to Defending and Promoting Free Expression, co-hosted by IFEX member Cambodian Center for Human Rights (CCHR), offers a timely and critical opportunity to spotlight the rapidly evolving context of freedom of expression and human rights in the region, as well as the many challenges for collective free expression work. Participants will leave with a greater appreciation for what our colleagues in the region are facing and better poised to offer support in future campaigns and joint actions.
Hot topics at the 2013 IFEX Strategy Conference include:
"The IFEX meeting is a terrific way for us to come together to share our stories, our struggles and our ideas for furthering the global campaign for free expression and access to information for all."
Jacqui Park, IFJ Asia-Pacific
- engaging audiences for action through digital innovation in free expression reporting and advocacy:
- identifying strategic advocacy opportunities and mechanisms, and exchanging best practices from successful initiatives
- learning about useful tools and approaches for strengthening free expression organisations - including fundraising, financial sustainability planning and digital security
- strengthening network engagement and regional collaboration
- solidifying network connections by using the opportunity to learn more about the free expression challenges faced by CCHR in Cambodia as well as others in the region
- spotlighting funding trends in free expression – donors will have an opportunity to engage directly with IFEX's global community around issues of mutual concern.
Click here for the full Conference Agenda, and watch this space for updates from Phnom Penh!
The Strategy Conference is preceded by IFEX's members-only General Meeting (GM), where we debate the network's emerging issues, generate strategies, plan joint activities and benefit from the experiences and expertise of our colleagues. This year's GM will focus on how collaboration and engagement in the IFEX network add value to the work of each individual member.