Using WAN's materials, here are the 5 things you can do to draw attention to press freedom and its essential role in society:
- View and share provocative cartoons from some of the world's leading artists, such as the one shown on the right;
- Watch the animation about journalists killed worldwide, so you can tweet to call on your government to sign the UN Action Plan on the Safety of journalists;
- Member of the media? Publish an exclusive editorial from WAN-IFRA along with infographics and a package of resources analysing the killing of journalists;
- Students and teachers can take advantage of resources for young readers to explore freedom of expression issues in class;
- Share on social media advertisements from Iris Worldwide like the one at the top of this page.
Visit IFEX's webpage for more information about World Press Freedom Day.